Circuit & Family Court Records

Services / COVID-19 Update

During the reduced access to the courthouse, we are available to provide essential services by phone and email. 

For Personal Protection Orders (PPO) call our office (231) 922-4710. 

For payments (Grand Traverse County cases) can be mailed or made online Felony or Juvenile.   

To file pleadings in an existing cases please go to MiFile or mail to Circuit/Family Court Records, 280 Washington St, Ste 206, Traverse City, MI 49684 (if not represented by an attorney)

To file pleadings for a new case please mail to Circuit/Family Court Records, 280 Washington St, Ste 206, Traverse City, MI 49684 or call our office. 

For assistance with forms please visit Michigan Legal Help


Grand Traverse County Clerk's Office is responsible for maintaining all civil, criminal, and domestic relations cases for 13th Circuit Court, through our Circuit & Family Court Records.

In general, civil cases involving claims for damages in excess of $25,000 are filed with the Circuit Court Records Division. They also handle the filings for review of administrative agency decisions, appeals from the District Court, civil matters regarding titles to property, criminal felony cases and divorces without minor children.

Family Court Records Division accepts filings in matters of divorces involving minor children, paternity and family support actions, petitions for personal protection orders and legal name changes.

Additionally, Family Court Records Division maintains all records for adoptions, emancipation of minors, parental consent waivers, juvenile offenses, and abuse and neglect matters.

The Robert P. Griffin Hall of Justice is located on the south side of Washington Street east of the Historic Courthouse, half way between Boardman Avenue and Cass Street.

Robert P. Griffin Hall of Justice

Glass building